04 September 2020 10:16:58 AM UTC in article
PULAU DEWATA (ISLAND OF GODS)
PULAU DEWATA - Most famously known as "BALI"
* Bali is a famous Indonesian island located in the western part of Indonesia just a few miles east of java, Bali covers approximately 2160 sq.m (5600) sq.km.
* The importance of the religion in the Balinese daily basis, Bali has a nickname, PULAU DEWATA (island of gods) its is the only Hindu island of Indonesia
* Bali is known for its distinctive and unique culture that is a meld of Chinese, Indian and Hindu influences * Bali is one f the most visited tourist destinations in Indonesia by foreign yearly 1.97 million though there is travel restriction due to the pandemic outbreak of COVID -19 this year approximately 0.88 million people have visited Bali as per June 2020 * Bali is home to 3 volcanoes; Mount Batur, Mount Batu Karu, and Agung and also black volcanic sand beaches, and active volcanoes. *there are 4 lakes on the island of bail; lake Batur, lake beratan, lake buyan, and lake gambling
*Bali has a warm, tropical climate with two distinct seasons; a wet season that runs from October to march, and a dry season that runs from April to September
. INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT BALI;
* Bali has two different calendar system - the Saka calendar, based on the lunar cycle, and the 210-day pawukon calendar said to originate from the rice-growing cycles
*Balinese babies are not allowed to touch the ground until they are three months old.until that point, their parents will carry them everywhere. when the babies are born he/she brings 4 angles who are supposed to protect them from any evil spirits or harm full events until 4yrs old
* Nyepi day this a unique celebration of silence. the whole island is shut down
*The most expensive coffee "KOPI LUWAK" where the coffee beans are extracted from the droppings of animal Luwak, that prowls around coffee plantations eating coffee beans have a unique taste as a result of their journey through the Luwak digestive system